Don't get discourage about moving because of the cold weather. This time of the year is usually is the best time to get the best deal of the homes. There are less competition between the buyers and
Winterize Your Home To Save Energy And Save Your Money
Dated: November 17 2015
Chilly weather is just around the corner. You can save your money in so many different ways by winterizing your home.
1. Remember to shut off the exterior water valves to prevent from freezing pipes. You want to drain the water from the pipes that would prevent from freezing and expend and bursting them.
2. Save those bubble wraps and cut into the window size. Just spray some water and stick right on the windows, or simple tape the edges. Keep the cold air out and warm air stays in. That would save more than 30% of your Annual bill.
3. Cover with Draft Snake Underneath the door to prevent cold air from coming in. You can find them in your neighbor hardware stores.
4. Walk around your home. Caulk wherever needed to prevent from water penetration or cold drift.
5. Remember to reverse your ceiling fans to circulate the warm and cold. Remember, Warm air rises.
6. It is a good time to check on your insulation in the attic. You don't want your warm air escape through the not enough insulated attic/roof.
7. Check on your heating system to make sure it's running properly. You don't want to stop working during the coldest months of the year.
Seon Kang, 703-755-0736
I know how difficult it is to find the right home where you and your family will feel comfortable and create lasting memories. I've lived in Northern Virginia for more than 30 years, and continually a....